Founded by William Berry in 1888 and based at 13 Currer Street, Bradford, W E Berry Ltd began its life creating posters for railway companies and circuses. It was only in the 1920s that the company moved into film posters after forming a business relationship with Paramount Pictures. The business soon became one of the leading producers and distributors of film posters, working with industry giants such as Disney and Colombia. Some of their most famous posters include Star Wars (1977) and Flash Gordon (1980).
W E Berry closed in 2004, but collections of the company’s posters are held by the National Science and Media Museum and the V&A Museum in London.